Saturday 13 April 2013

Thecarius progress and my painting ADD

Unfortunately the weather on the sunshine coast has been non stop rain for quite a while now and my only airbrushing site is located outside and due to the share house nature and small children, is a set up and pack up in one go deal. Which makes it difficult to get in practice or time at all.

My plan was to mostly use the airbrush to get going on Thecarius but I got bored and began anyway. Also, as I've recently started using a thinner to my paints I find they take longer to dry between coats or colours, so in order to alleviate the boredom of waiting I began on other models as well.

So, here is the progress of Thecarius so far, I have basically undercoated him with a German Yellow Primer, my plan is to make him a much lighter blue than my previous power armour Librarian, not sure why yet fluffwise, I just want a lighter blue. I'll reason it out later, in the meantime here he is:



So while I waited for that coat to dry, and got bored and wandered off into my other projects I also started working on these guy guys, my Deathwing Knights Knight Master, and a chaos Chosen warrior that I'm converting into using as a possessed unit champ and as a kill team member with the daemonic USR.

The Knight also doesn't have much to show just yet, I was definitely far more interested today in Chaos.







The Chaos Chosen: The Warrior Balguun, has begun his daemonic transition with some warping of the flesh onto his lightning claws as well as his leg and shoulderpads. The painting is as yet unfinished, i opted for the bright blue as the beginning colour of the warped flesh as I felt it contrasted much better with the world eaters colour theme I'm aiming for. So, here's two pics of Balguun, front and side.




These pics were brought to you today by my crappy phone as my SLR camera is in a few pieces at the moment whilst I attempt to clean the fingermarks from my children off the lense. I promise to have some better quality pics next time, also I'll have the primary blue done on Thecarius.

I look forward to reading some comments, especially on the beginnings of the work on Balguun, the Chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment