Tuesday 5 November 2013

Shiny New Toys

So I finally landed myself an air compressor that I can use inside, it's quiet, runs with no oil, and provides more than enough juice for painting the man dollies.

Here she is:


I've named her Vera, currently my most prized possession.

In my first quick test run I undercoated a demon prince in about 2 minutes, 1 minute and 40 seconds of that was set up and pack up. It took literally around 20 seconds to spray coat that guy nice and clean. I'll be doing a second post shortly with the further work I did on that guy.

I'll wrap up this post though with a follow up on my previous desires of modelling projects and the successful completion of one of them. In a recent purchase of some off loaded models I landed two unused sprues of CSM raptors/warp talons. I also had a box of unopened Khorne Berzerkers and had planned on making some khorne warp talons. This job has now been successfully completed.


A squad of 10 Khorne Warp Talons:


Sorry for the poor pictures in this one, after a few hours of filing parts, slowly gluing bits together I wasn't in the mood to set up the camera so I just used the phone.

I do have a close up though of the first test model:
     


 I want to use the jetpacks from the kit to make raptors, so I pinched the blade vane bits to add to the backpacks to make them look sort of jetpackish, it works well on some and looks a tad foolish on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment